Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Operation Search for Our New Home: Day 8 (Departure)

Thursday was our last day in NYC. Our flight out wasn't until five, though. We got up and got packed up and checked out and then headed to Warby Parker to try on some glasses. We had lunch and then took a rather long (and expensive!) cab ride to the airport. We were still really early for our flight, so we just hung out for awhile. We flew into Washington D.C. and then from there home. Peyton's dad picked us up at the airport and I the kids were asleep when we got home. I was so happy to see them, though!

Saying farewell to the Chelsea Lodge. 

Warby Parker fun!

ByeBye, Big Apple (for now)!

Sentimental texts from Minnie are the best. 

He spent the entirety of our in-air time on the first flight configuring a budget for our year in the city!

Tiny people, huge blanket bed.Operation Search For Our New Home has concluded. Tiny bit of sads for such a great experience to be over, but huge amounts of happiness to be under the same roof with these people. The next time I fly into La Guardia I'll have them on either side of me and the next time I see New York, we will have found the home we've been searching for. I'm a bit teary, to tell the truth. 

I forgot to mention it before, but my friend Mallory, who knows how much routines and rituals help me combat my anxiety, suggested I choose a couple of "keystone habits" to practice in order to have a sense of familiarity and consistency while we were on our trip. It was so helpful and I'm adding it to my mental/emotional health toolbox and for sure using it for the move.

I'll probably write more about my general feelings about the trip, but it was SO good, guys. I felt so much more joy and peace about the move than I ever have and it helped me get really excited. I know it won't be easy, but I feel more strongly than ever that it's going to be a great thing and a beautiful part of our story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment